Sunday, January 30, 2005
Your drawings and animations absolutely blew me away! Because the books are mine, and I created the famous Clarence the shark, it's even more exciting for me to see what you've done with my work. Congratulations, all!
Friday, December 10, 2004
Welcome and Stay Tuned!
Welcome to the Dive! Trilogy Blog. The students of Academy at King Edward and of Jasper Place High School are about to embark on a telecollaborative adventure!
The grade nine students from King Edward have been reading Gordon Korman's Dive trilogy as part of their studies. In addition to several reading and writing activities, the students used a basic computer paint application to paint their favourite scenes from the book.
The drawings will be sent to the grade 10 Hypermedia students at Jasper Place High School where they will dissect the drawings and animate them using Macromedia's Flash application.
This blog will be a tool of communication and collaboration for the two groups of students until they get a chance to meet face to face on Wednesday, January 19th, 2005. The animations will be unveiled at the face-to-face meeting!
Tuesday, December 07, 2004
Let the collaboration and animation begin!
Here's what happens now:
- The grade 10's will be expected to make contact with their client-artist via this blog.
- The names of the client (KE) and animators(JP) will appear at the top of each posting.
- (KE) means King Edward student
- (JP1) means Jasper Place student - period 1
- (JP2) means Jasper Place student - period 2
- (JP4) means Jasper Place student - period 4
- The students may use the blog to collaborate as much as possible to ask questions, clarify and discuss their respective projects. (click on the comments link at the end of the post to add your thoughts/questions/ideas.)
- Please do not comment on other teams' postings.
- The grade 10 students must finish their animations before the Christmas break.
- I shall mark the grade 10 work according to the amount of collaboration they demonstrate, then by the skills shown in their animation.
Any questions, please see your teacher!
Good luck everyone and have fun!
The Project is Complete!
(That means if you click an animation link before then, you'll get a NOT FOUND error...)
Tosanna (KE) Jamie (JP4)
Click here to see Jamie's animation!
Steen (KE) Shawn (JP2) Andrew (JP2)
Aileen (KE) Michael (JP4)
Click here to see Michael's animation!
Zac (KE) Devin (JP2) Roman (JP4)
Travis (KE) Kristina (JP1) Colin (JP2)
Sheldon (KE) Colton (JP1) Kirbie (JP2)
Click here to see Colton's animation!
Titus (KE) Brett (JP1) Nanook (JP2)
Lindsay (KE) Brad (JP2) Jamie (JP4)
Click here to see Brad's animation!
Ryan (KE) Mitchell (JP1) Chris (JP2)
Sarah (KE) Kelsey (JP2) Emily (JP4)
Quinn (KE) Ian (JP1) Josh (JP2)
Click here to see Josh's animation!
Mike2 (KE) Jyoti (JP2) Victor (JP4)
Click here to see Victor's animation!
Mike1 (KE) Kirstin (JP4) Hylie (JP1)
Mickey (KE) Tigra-Lee (JP1) Jason (JP2)
Mark (KE) Evan (JP2) Daniel (JP4)
Click here to see Evan's animation!
Liam (KE) Mike (JP1) Phillip (JP4)
Click here to see Phillip's animation!
Kelly (KE) Travis (JP1) Denis (JP2)
Jordan (KE) Vinay (JP4) Christine (JP1)
Kathryn (KE) Kyle (JP2) Ivan (JP4)
Jesse (KE) Zac (JP2)
Click here to see Zac's animation!
Jeremy (KE) James (JP2) Eric (JP4)
Jackson (KE) Jessica (JP4) Bronson (JP1)
Zoe (KE) James (JP1) Jeff (JP2)
Curtis (KE) Gabe (JP1) Sodany (JP2)
Ciara (KE) Adam (JP1)
Click here to see Adam's animation
Caleb (KE) Braden (JP1) Cam (JP2)
Brent (KE) Michael (JP2) Natasha (JP4)
Click here to see Tasha''s animation!